Occupational Health & Safety Act Training
Where the class is held: We come to your Offices
What you receive: A South African copy of the OHSA Act, a Department of Labour & HWSETA accredited OHSA certificate.
What do you pay: Cost ranges from R 895 – R1685 per person, depending on the Quantity of students.
How long it takes: 1 day of training at your offices
Who should attend: Senior/Supervisor full time staff members familiar with the workplace
What does the law say:
- Employers who employ 20 or more workers must by law appoint a TRAINED Health & Safety Representative.
- Safety representatives, need to be appointed at 1 per 100 workers or part thereof.
- Representatives must be full-time workers who are familiar with the workplace.
- Representatives must be trained during working hours.
(Based on Legislation in Section 17, of the Occupational Health and Safety Act)
Duties of Representatives –
- monitor, investigate and report on health and safety matters;
- accompany inspectors during inspections; and
- attend health and safety committee meetings.
(Based on Legislation in Section 18, of the Occupational Health and Safety Act)
For more information and to book now, contact Ace of Maids today!
Call Nikki on 074 962 5599